Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2015

Local Artist - Daniel Gonzales

Today concludes the traditional Dia de los Muertos celebration.  In honor of this, I would like to introduce a good artist friend of mine who paints Dia de los Muertos inspired art.

Daniel Gonzales, former Rock Canyon High School painting teacher, recently had an Art Show at  the Outnumbered Gallery in Littleton.  His work is amazing. This show was inspired by his Mexican heritage and his love for Dia de los Muertos.  Most of the art in the show had the skeleton theme that is popular in Dia de los Muertos.  If you get a chance to visit the Gallery and check out his work...you will not be disappointed.  Below are some pictures I took at the show.
 Daniel with his painting "Stargazers."
 Daniel and I at his show (notice how small I am - ha ha)
 "The Virgin Mary"
 "Stargazers" - my favorite painting by Daniel.
 Detail (up close zoom in) of "Stargazers"
 Calavera
"Nocturne"

No comments:

Post a Comment