Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wearable Art

Wearable Art

S.O.A.R. Program at Rocky Heights Middle School

During the summer I enjoy spending time up at Rocky Heights Middle School teaching art in their S.O.A.R. program.  The S.O.A.R. program is a summer enrichment program open to DougCo students 4th -8th grade.  I teach two classes.  Below are pictures from my Wearable Art Class. Each student was encouraged to express their own individuality by working on functional items that can we worn or used. Below are pictures of some of their masterpieces.

"Art Teacher " Shoes I created 



Student Work

Super cool shirt created by a fantastic student! 

Cheshire Cat Shoes!!! I wish I'd thought of that!

Batman Shirt

Classy Ball Cap

Pusheen Cat themed Mini-Canvases and Mini-Bags


Cool Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment