Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2018

Making My Mask

This years TTE teacher task for the Daddy Daughter Dance Auction is to make Masquerade style masks and matchng frame. I was so inspired that I ended up making two!

 


The isnpiration for my first mask was the swirly-curly doodles that I always draw. I wanted something classy and elegant that would compliment any dress.  I decided to go eith the classic asymentrical shaped mask which I painted with pearl paint. Then I got to work on a sketch of the swirls which I inteded to create out of pearls.


Above is my sketch with the pearl painted mask.  I applied the pearls to maks by follwing the design that I had sketched.  I painted the matching frame with the same pearl paint and layerd two rows of pearls around the bevels in the frame.

My second mask was inspired by the beautiful Monarch Butterfly. I decided to go with a blue base color, instead of the traditional orange.  Blue is my favorite color, afterall. Then I used black paint to create the lines that make the Monarch Butteryfly so beautiful. Finally, I added the whit dots with a q-tip. I painted a blue stripe around a black frame then using a black paint pen, I creatd lines that mimick the black lines on a butterflies wing.  Finally, I added the white dots around the outside of the frame with a q-tip.

Ta-dah!  Both masks turned out beautifully! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment